Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Eight Years Ago...

I went though the most traumatic and greatest time of my life eight years ago today and that is a cause for celebration. Eight years ago tonight I was calling my dad at 10:30 to tell him terrible news. The experience of giving your parents some of the scariest news that they could hear was life changing. It shook our family to the core. We had tragedy happen around us that effected us greatly but never directly in our family.
I lived in California going to school at a private college and was alone in the middle of so many people who claimed that they were friends. I could not stay there any longer and was packing to leave. It did not matter where I went I just had to go. I was finished packing and I got a call from Rith. He was running around the forest on shrooms and had no idea what was happening in my life but had a sense that he needed to call me. Before that night we had been just close friends after that night my world changed. I married this man who has been so connected with my thoughts and emotions that he knows when I need him automatically and I do not have to say a word. I had given up on guys and that is when my life changed and we fell in love. We are a strange couple and everyone can see it. I glow when I am around him. I do not talk about the things that happened that night except to him. It is a bitter sweet memory but one that has caused amazing things to happen in my life.