Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I almost fell off the treadmill...

I was so happy the other day when I was running on the treadmill at the gym. I should never be overly emotional on the treadmill because I just forget what I am doing. I was not planning on becoming emotional but there on the news was people getting married. All these gay and lesbians finally getting married. I was so happy for them and the United States that I almost started to cry! My eyes were all blurry and I was so distracted that I was not focusing on running straight and caught the edge of the treadmill and crashed into the handle bar.

My pain was worth it though. I am so happy that people are allowed to be who they are and the discrimination that has been happening against gay people has been so frustrating. I have been a Christian all my life and really took time to figure out what I thought about the religion and issues and Bible. Well my conclusion has always been that Jesus kicked it with people that were seen as sinful. Prostitutes, liars, and even someone that he knew would betray him and cause him to be killed. That in my book means that Jesus would have hung out with me, the drug dealer on the corner and any other person who does not fit into the perfect category.

No comments: