Monday, June 23, 2008

Walk like a Grandma...


Sunday morning, after two days of running and I am hunched over and my hips hurt. I am walking like a grandma. We finished the race in 27 hours and our average was 9 minutes and 15 seconds per mile. Not too bad. We were thinking it would be about 10 and a half minutes per mile.
The running was grueling...sitting in the car okay...and finish line fantastic! I ran at 6:30 p.m., 3:30 a.m., and noon. We were able to take a nap for a while Friday night but then we used an office in Midway to lie down and that was so nice until we woke up and realized it was not over yet we had one last leg of the race to do. That was the most chalenging part of the entire race, getting to relax and sleep and then wake up and not want to move let alone start running again. I was a big baby about it.
People were so great along the last leg of the race. It was along roads in this little town and everyone was out with their hoses spraying us down offering us water and cheering us on. That helped so much because it was so hot. As soon as I finished the last leg, I had so much energy and wanted to help the other runners too. I was out spraying them with squirt bottles and getting people water.
Rith was our last runner and it was so great to see him coming over the hill onto the field to meet us all and run into the finish line together. It was so great knowing that we all finished this challenge and did well at it.
We are already talking about next year but I will make sure that I streach more after the races and then I will not feel like an old lady.

No comments: